1) Welcome to Fort Carson’s Cheyenne Shadows Golf Club and thank you for supporting Parsons 7th Annual Charity Golf Scramble for The Home Front Cares (THFC).
2) Entry into Fort Carson will be via Gate 5 only. Gate 5 is accessed via Highway 115. For out of town guests, from I-25, take exit 135 to South Academy Blvd. Go west on South Academy Blvd, then turn south onto Hwy 115. Look for the Gate 5 sign.
3) Golf course personnel will be at Gate 5 with a list of all golfers’ names at 6:30am. Enter via the Gate Guard on the left. Show your driver’s license to the Gate Guard. Entry prior to 6:30am is not recommended. Follow Titus Blvd to the club house on your left.
4) Proper Golf attire is required!
5) Registration will begin at 6:45 am.
6) Registration payment must be accomplished online at http://www.sostourneys.com/ . The cost is $70.00 with a 3% transaction fee. If you registered late, (by exception only!) please have cash or check made out to “Phil Winslow” the day of the tournament.
7) Check in at the tables set up on the north side of the clubhouse. You will receive a couple of gifts, any mulligan tickets purchased online, your starting hole number, and complimentary breakfast coffee/donut.
8) If you did not pay for mulligans when you registered online, or would like to purchase more, they are available for purchase for $5.00. Cash only! Cheyenne Shadows no longer has an ATM so you must bring cash with you. These tickets are also your entries for raffle prizes. The more mulligans you purchase the better your chance for a prize. Mulligans may be used by any team member. All mulligan money goes directly to THFC. We appreciate your generosity. Tax deductible receipt upon request.
9) Beer: Kegs will be located at two locations where 3 holes converge on the front and back nines. Due to the generosity of RMC Distributing Company and InSPIRE Corporation, all beer will be provided free of charge! If you wish to make a voluntary donation to THFC, you can do so in the collection containers located in the beer tent. PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY!
10) If we should have over 100 golfers, Cheyenne Shadows will allow us to have free range balls!
11) The players’ meeting will be in your golf cart on the parking apron at 7:45am, with a shotgun start at 8:00am.
12) This tournament is a standard scramble tournament. All players tee off, then chose the best drive, and all players hit from that point. Repeat same process for all subsequent shots/putts.
13) Threesomes: Players will rotate the fourth shot by hole (i.e. one player plays all the fourth shots on a given hole, on the next hole, a different player takes all the fourth shots, next hole – third player takes all the fourth shots).
14) Replace all divots and repair all ball marks! Also, do not drive carts into the natural grass areas!
15) Men will use the WHITE tee box, women the GREEN tee box, while seniors (65 or over) and disabled persons will use the GOLD tee box.
16) The foursome must use at least two drives from each player during the round.
17) Players may place their ball (when not on the green!) no more than one club length from the shot selected, but not closer to the hole and not out of the selected lie (i.e. you can’t play your ball from the fairway if the shot selected is in the rough).
18) Maximum team score on any hole is bogey. If you get to par on any hole and have not yet holed out, pick up and count one more for a team score of bogey. This will also help keep the pace of play moving.
19) If the selected shot is within a normal (3 foot, not oversized shaft) putter length to the cup, pick it up and count one additional stroke. Reasoning: four players should be able to make a 3 foot putt between them and this will keep play moving. Please keep up with the pace of play.
20) Closest to the pin contest for men is hole #5.
21) Closest to the pin contest for women is hole #16.
22) Longest drive contest for men (not seniors/disabled persons) is hole #17.
23) Longest drive contest for seniors/disabled persons is hole #18.
24) Longest drive Contest for women is hole #3.
25) Longest putt (for men and women, one contest) is hole #8. Use the flag to measure the straight line distance of the putt.
26) Straightest drive (for men and women, one contest) is hole #1. There is a line in the middle of the fairway. Record your name, and place the placard where your ball landed if it is closer to the line (measured on the perpendicular) than the previous placard placement.
27) The Hole-In-One contest is on hole #14. This is for a $1,000 travel card. This contest is free of charge. Both Men and Women have to tee off from the white tees on this hole. Golf Professionals are not eligible for this contest.
28) Mulligans may be used for all shots and putts, but will not count for longest drive, closest to the pin, straightest drive, longest putt or Hole-In-One contests. Only your first shot will count for these contests.
29) Turn score cards into a tournament organizer or Pro Shop representative at the end of the round.
30) Finish quickly and don’t delay. There will be food and beverages after golf under the east pavilion, weather permitting. If there is bad weather, we’ll meet inside. Prizes will be awarded during lunch.