FIFTH ANNUAL EL PASO COUNTY SEARCH AND RESCUE BENEFIT GOLF TOURNAMENT – JULY 19TH 2019
1 . Welcome to Fort Carson’s Cheyenne Shadows Golf Club and thank you for supporting the Annual El Paso County Search and Rescue (EPCSAR) Benefit Golf Tournament.
2. Entry into Fort Carson will be via Gate 5 only. Gate 5 is accessed via Highway 115. For out of town guests, from I-25, take exit 135 to South Academy Blvd. Go west on South Academy Blvd, then turn south onto Hwy 115. Look for the Gate 5 (Titus Blvd) sign (approximately 3.5 miles once you get on Hwy 115).
3. Golf course personnel will be at Gate 5 with a list of all golfers’ names at 6:30am. Enter via the Gate Guard on the left. Show your driver’s license to the Gate Guard. Entry prior to 6:30am is not recommended (since the list won’t be there yet). Follow Titus Blvd to the club house on your left.
4. Proper Golf attire is required! (Jeans, sweatpants, tank tops, and halter tops are not allowed. Shirts must have a collar and be worn at all times. Shorts must be Bermuda or “golf” length and no jean cutoffs. No steel spikes permitted.)
5. Registration payment must be accomplished online at http://www.sostourneys.com/ by 6:00pm on Sunday, July 14, 2019. The cost is $70.00 with a 3% Paypal transaction fee. If you missed the registration deadline and want to play (by exception only), please have cash or check made out to “Friends of EPCSAR” the day of the tournament for $70 per player.
6. Check-in will begin at 6:45 am. Check in at the tables set up on the north side of the clubhouse. You will receive a swag bag, any mulligan tickets purchased online, your starting hole number, a complimentary breakfast sandwich, donut, coffee, juice and some of General Laucirica’s world famous homemade bread & jam.
7. If you did not pay for mulligans when you registered online, or would like to purchase more, they are available for purchase for $5.00 each. Cash only! Cheyenne Shadows no longer has an ATM so bring cash with you.
8. Mulligan tickets are also your entry for raffle prizes. The more mulligans you purchase the better your chance for a prize. All mulligan money goes directly to EPCSAR. We appreciate your generosity. Tax deductible receipt on request.
9. Beer: Kegs will be located where multiple holes converge on the front and back nines (see course map below). Due to the generosity of RMC Distributing Company, Modern Technology Solutions Incorporated (MTSI), and DoubleTree by Hilton, all beer will be provided free of charge! If you wish to make a voluntary donation to EPCSAR, you can do so in the collection containers located in the beer tent. We will also have two distilleries (Cockpit Craft and 3 Hundred Days of Shine) and 1 brewery (Bell Brothers) providing tastings of their products near the beer tents. PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY!
10. Cheyenne Shadows has allowed us to have free range balls so get there early if you want to hit some before the tournament!
11. The players’ meeting will be in your golf cart on the parking apron at 7:45am, with a shotgun start at 8:00am. Don’t be late.
12. There will be a Kona Ice truck at the turn (near clubhouse). Grab a shave ice and cool off before continuing.
13. This is a standard scramble tournament. All players tee off, then chose the best drive, and all players hit from that point. Repeat same process for all subsequent shots/putts.
14. Threesomes: Players will rotate the fourth shot by hole (i.e. one player plays all the fourth shots on a given hole, on the next hole, a different player takes all the fourth shots, next hole – third player takes all the fourth shots).
15. Replace all divots and repair all ball marks! Also, do not drive carts into the natural grass areas! If you do, your GPS system may shut down.
16. Men - WHITE tee box, Women - GREEN tee box, Seniors (62 or over) and Disabled Persons - GOLD tee box.
17. The foursome must use at least two drives from each player during the round.
18. Players may place their ball (when not on the green!) no more than one club length from the shot selected, but not closer to the hole and not out of the selected lie (i.e. you can’t play your ball from the fairway if the shot selected is in the rough).
19. Maximum team score on any hole is double bogey. If you get to bogey on any hole and have not yet holed out, pick up and count one more for a team score of double bogey. This will also help keep the pace of play moving.
20. If the selected shot is within a normal (3 foot, not oversized shaft) putter length to the cup, pick it up and count one additional stroke. Reasoning: four players should be able to make a 3 foot putt between them and this will keep play moving. Please keep up with the pace of play.
21. Closest to the pin contest for men is hole #5. Shot must be on the green to qualify.
22. Closest to the pin contest for women is hole #16. Shot must be on the green to qualify.
23. Longest drive contest for men (not seniors/disabled persons) is hole #17. Shot must be in the fairway to qualify.
24. Longest drive contest for seniors/disabled persons is hole #10. Shot must be in the fairway to qualify.
25. Longest drive Contest for women is hole #3. Shot must be in the fairway to qualify.
26. Longest putt (for all golfers, one contest) is hole #8. Use the flag to measure the straight line distance of the putt. Shot must be putted (from somewhere ON the green), not chipped to qualify.
27. Straightest drive (for all golfers, one contest) is hole #1. There is a line in the middle of the fairway. Record your name, and place the placard where your ball landed if it is closer to the line (measured by the perpendicular) than the previous placard placement.
28. The Dixon par 3 Challenge will be on hole #14. A Dixon rep will be on site for this contest.
29. Hole-In-One contests (golf pros are not eligible for these contests):
- Hole 5 – $500 Travis Matthew Shopping Spree
- Hole 7 – Two contests: Toyota Vehicle Contest, Set of Cobra King F9 irons
- Hole 14 – Two Contests: $10,000 cash, $1,000 Travel Card
- Hole 16 – One year Supply of Bridgestone Golf Balls (12 doz. (one doz. each month))
30. Mulligans may be used for all shots and putts, but will not count for longest drive, closest to the pin, straightest drive, longest putt or any of the hole-in-one contests. Only your first shot will count for these contests.
31. Turn score cards into the Pro Shop representative at the end of the round.
32. Finish quickly and don’t delay. There will be food and beverages catered by Rudy’s Country Store and BBQ after golf under the east pavilion, weather permitting. If there is bad weather, we’ll meet inside. Prizes will be awarded during lunch.